I’m Bron, a degree qualified, PROMPT trained, Certified Practising Speech Pathologist with 10+ years experience. I designed AccentU with a focus on supporting; professionals born in the Asia-Pacific and Australian born adults and children 8 years + who want to improve their pronunciation of English. I offer accent reduction and pronunciation lessons in person and online, in a fun and relaxed style!
Our practise is built on the principles of honesty, excellence, equality and kindness.
Do you ever wonder?
- How strong/thick is my accent?
- Would I benefit from accent reduction and how much does it cost?
- How can I improve my English pronunciation?
- Where can I learn the Australian accent?
- Can people understand me?
We can help you
- Speak English with clarity and confidence
- Maximise your potential at work and reach your career goals
- Talk fluently on the phone, without misunderstandings
- Speak and present to groups with ease
- Enjoy talking with friends without always repeating yourself!
I am an Australian trained Speech Pathologist, graduating in 2007. I become interested in working with professional migrants at University when I did a placement at an adult English conversation class where I had the opportunity to meet many amazing people from all over the world and work with them.
During this time at University I spent time living in Italy studying several subjects towards my degree. This was an incredible experience to learn the challenges and joys of learning a second language as an adult and is certainly something I apply to my practise now.
Once back in Australia I went on to work with children and adolescents before going on to complete my Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and working a second job teaching adults at the Canberra Institute of Technology for many years.
I started my private practise AccentU because I love helping people achieve their goals and I am passionate about equality. I really enjoy learning about my clients’ languages and cultures during training sessions. My fundamental values are of respect and equality, these are central to my practise today.